SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO JOIN THE COURSE
$24.99/mo. Cancel any time.
GAIN CONFIDENCE in your painting skills in this fun, encouraging class!
If you’re just getting started or have been painting for years, I’ll help you grow your skills.
Anyone can improve their painting skills. You just need determination, good direction, and encouragement! You bring your determination, and I will provide the direction and encouragement.
WHAT STUDENTS GET
1) Monthly live demo (Join live on zoom, or watch later at your own pace – or both!).
2) Weekly zoom office hours (questions can be submitted in advance or live).
3) A class Facebook group where you can ask questions and get answers.
4) Suggested homework and Monthly critique (if desired)
FEB 2021 – Learn about form and light through an alla prima value study of a bluebird! Come learn and have fun in this encouraging class. (Birds are the topic, but the lesson will apply to any subject.)
Capturing form and light demo (approx. 1 hour). Available starting Saturday, Feb 6th at Noon CDT. Lesson can be watched until Mar. 8th.
- Working general to specific
- Painting alla prima in oils (wet on wet)
- Finding the form
- Finding your values
This class is designed for artists with some experience, but will be valuable to artists at any stage – from beginners to advanced artists.
The demonstrations will be in oil paint, and will show oil techniques – but the class will cover general painting concepts and foundations, so you’ll still get a lot out of the class if you use other materials. Feel free to ask questions.
SUPPLY LIST – for oil painters (if using a different type of paint, substitute accordingly) Substitutions are encouraged if you have different paints handy – Feel free to ask questions.
Supplies for a 1 color (plus white) painting. For example:
- 8×10″ or similar size substrate for an oil sketch (oil panel, canvas, etc.)
- Size 4 filbert bristle brush (or other smallish firm brush)
- Small round brush
- White paint
- A dark neutral paint (I’ll mix one from a red, yellow and blue – you’re welcome to use any dark grey, brown, or black)
- shop towels (or other lint-free rags or paper towels)
March class: TBD