Learn to Paint for Absolute Beginners
A one month beginning painting class, which will give beginning painters a strong foundation and the confidence to paint on their own.
If there is a strong enough interest in this class, it will start next month! $247
Learn the basics of oil painting in a fun, supportive environment!
You will learn about:
- Selecting materials
- Setting up to paint
- Finding subject matter that interests you
- Laying in your sketch on canvas
- Caring for your materials
How you’ll learn
- You’ll get a suggested supply list 2 weeks before class starts.
- The first weekend will have two live 3-hour lessons (with a break), to get you started. You can join in person on zoom, or watched later at your own pace.
- A weekly zoom meeting with a 2 hour lesson and Q&A, to help you get comfortable with the materials (which can be joined in person, or watched later at your own pace).
- Weekly zoom office hours, to answer questions (questions can be submitted in advance or in person).
- A Facebook group that you can join and ask questions and get answers.
- Suggested homework and next steps.
Learn to Paint: Beginning Oil Painting is designed for people who have little to no experience with painting, and would like to get started.
This class will not focus on style or advanced technique. If you’ve are not a beginner, check out my painting mentorship class.
Feel free to ask questions if you’re not sure which class is for you!